Rewrote my main markwatson.com web site in Clojure + Noir

I have had the domain markwatson.com for almost 20 years and for about 15 years my site was a simple PHP application hosted on the awesome provider Hurricane Electric. There are a few things that I want to improve on my site so I decided to rewrite using Clojure and Noir, a combination that I have been mostly using for writing web apps in the last year or so.

I usually use AWS (and sometimes Heroku) for hosting my customer's web apps and the web apps for my side projects but for my primary domain (important for my business!) I decided to go back to using RimuHosting, a hosting provider I used to use for my own projects and I always liked their service.

Some of the new site is still HTML fragments from my old site implementation but I am in the process of converting everything to use hiccup and cleaning up the CSS.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Hi,

    thanks for all the interesting content on your blog.

    It seems that in the re-write links with trailing / are broken.

    e.g on the homepage, links in the 'menu' to books go to
    markwatson.com/books (which works),

    but in the body text the link to
    markwatson.com/book/ doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neale,

    Thanks for the heads up on that!! I fixed that problem and will do more testing this weekend.

    Best regards,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DBPedia Natural Language Interface Using Huggingface Transformer

Custom built SBCL and using spaCy and TensorFlow in Common Lisp

I have a new job helping to build a Knowledge Graph at Olive AI